Graduates of the program include Associate Deans, Program Chairs, Evaluation of Teaching and Curriculum Leaders, Teaching Award Winners and Nominees, Tenured Instructors, and Professors of Teaching from multi-disciplinary settings.
- The UBC SoEL Program is designed for academic leaders with educational leadership roles and responsibilities within and across UBC’s diverse disciplinary settings (e.g., undergraduate and/or graduate degree program leadership, curriculum renewal, pedagogical leadership, program–level teaching and learning initiatives). May include: Program Directors, Associate Deans, Curriculum and Pedagogical Leaders, Teaching Award Winners, Tenured faculty members/Professors of Teaching, Senior Administrators and P&T Committee Personnel.
- To apply for the 2018 UBC SoEL Program Cohort, first contact the Dean of your Faculty to express your interest to apply/be nominated. Some Faculties have internal application procedures – please check with your Dean’s Office.
- In addition to notifying your Faculty, UBC faculty members applying for the 2018 UBC SoEL Program Cohort must submit an online application form before March 15th deadline.
Application for the 2018 UBC Faculty SoEL Cohort is now CLOSED. Please contact Dr. Harry Hubball at email@example.com for further details.
- Administration for the UBC SoEL Program is supported by PDCE in UBC’s Faculty of Education and funded by the UBC Provost’s Office. Certification is awarded through the UBC President’s Office in conjunction with the Faculty of Education.
Please contact Professor Harry Hubball for enquiries about the 2018 UBC Faculty SoEL Program Cohort.
- Begin to construct an Educational Leadership Dossier (e.g., 1-page for the following: introductory statement; philosophy statement; statement of impact; methodology employed to assess effectiveness and goals for further development).
- Start to focus on a potential investigative area of your educational leadership practice (e.g., analysis of program or pedagogical context; rigorous and systematic development, implementation or evaluation of educational innovation). Examine the SoEL literature in your discipline and/or higher education with respect to the potential investigative area of your educational leadership practice (as well as potential peer reviewed journals/forums to disseminate your SoEL initiative).
- Consider key stakeholders/collaborators in your educational context who might be interested to engage in a potential SoEL project (e.g., analysis of program or pedagogical context; rigorous and systematic development, implementation or evaluation of educational innovation).