The UBC Faculty of Education is committed to promoting the understanding of teaching and learning in diverse cultures.
The Faculty of Education at UBC is achieving renown as a globally influential institution that excels at educating students, scholars, and professionals through diverse global perspectives. Reciprocal enrichment for students and faculty members remains a core value in delivering on the Faculty’s commitment to International Engagement. UBC is consistently ranked within the top 50 universities globally.
To reach this goal, we strive to:
- Ensure undergraduate and graduate curricula and research reflect the global diversity of learners, learning, and educational concerns.
- Celebrate noteworthy international engagements.
- Identify priority regions/countries to expand our engagement, the problems or issues we wish to address, and the principles that will guide our work.
- Engage with global scholars, educators, and communities to inform and advance intercultural understanding.
- Recruit more international students to enrich our programs.
- Enhance educational opportunities throughout the world.
Learn more about our Strategic Plan.