The Faculty of Education at UBC is achieving renown as a globally influential institution that excels at educating students, scholars, and professionals through diverse global perspectives.
Priorities and Goals
- Reciprocal enrichment for students and faculty members remains a core value in delivering on the Faculty’s commitment to International Engagement.
- Promote understanding of teaching and learning in diverse cultures and their role in sustaining socially-just societies
Actions and Projects:
- Ensure undergraduate and graduate curricula and research reflect the global diversity of learners, learning, and educational concerns
- Celebrate noteworthy international engagements
- Identify priority regions/countries where we wish to expand our engagement, the specific problems or issues we wish to address and the principles that will guide our work
- Engage with global scholars, educators, and communities to inform and advance intercultural understanding
- Recruit more international students to enrich our programs
- Enhance educational opportunities throughout the world